Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Prince Charming?

Prince Charming? Hmm...
 
"Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
    but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised." - Proverbs 31:30

That verse could just as easily be said:

"Charm is deceptive, and good looks are fleeting;
    but a MAN who fears the Lord is to be praised."
 
So. Let's be real. What is with the whole Prince Charming dream? Why do so many girls dream of a being a damsel in distress, totally unhappy with her life, just waiting around for a Prince Charming to come riding in on a white horse and whisk her away to a life of sudden happiness? I'll admit I was one of those girls, but recently I've started to question that "dream." 

Don't get me wrong,
I DO dream of marriage and 
"happily ever after..." 
But that doesn't mean that a woman's
life should be spent waiting around,
nah,
let's be honest:
WASTED 
pining away after something that
is so far away from reality it's crazy.
 
"Prince Charming" doesn't even sound very promising. 
 
The Bible says that charm is deceptive, so why are girls/women dreaming of being deceived?? It doesn't even make sense. As far as I know, a woman wants a man who is mature, self-sufficient, strong and caring, a protector/defender, a provider, a best friend, their other half. Not some pretty little boy who says all the right words but then can't follow through. We never get to hear what REALLY happens after Prince Charming and the Damsel get married...OH, SURE...They tell you they lived "happily ever after" but I don't think that's true. I'm sure they had their fair share of problems along the 50+ years they spent together. 
 
But I'm heading into a different subject, so let's get back on track...
 
LADIES,
We already have a Prince who has rescued us! JESUS! He came to die to save our souls and win our hearts. I don't know about you, but I think that's pretty dang romantic, and I think that's a love we should seek after above anything else. Show me ONE fairytale with a better storyline then THAT. I'm betting you can't. 
 
So if we have a real Prince, who isn't trying to deceive us with charm, who has rescued us and is waiting for us to seek him out and return his love, that should change things quite a bit. No longer would we have to sit around the house pining away. We would have all that we needed, we would be fulfilled, and would have the freedom to stop day dreaming and go out and make a difference in the world. This world of ours needs a lot of help, and yes, one extra pair of hands definitely does make a difference! And yes, each pair of hands has a special gift that no other pair of hands does! Don't get caught in the lies of the world, don't allow yourself to believe you're worthless or not good enough or whatever it is, because if you were then would the God who made the universe send His Son to save you? ...Probably not... So that alone should show how much value you hold. 
 
Can we all agree that "Prince Charming" is yes, a nice story, but it's just that: a story? I think we should leave those stories in our childhoods and move on to a more realistic dream of a man. (Though, I wouldn't mind keeping the white horse...don't judge me...) Let's seek out the real Prince, let us return the love He has shown us, let us find our fulfillment in Him. Jesus is the only real source of fulfillment, so put the fairytales down and pick up a Bible and begin a new chapter. It's beyond worth it. I promise. 
 
~Daughter Of The King~
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment