Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Shopping Without Money

What a silly thought! Shopping without money?? Also referred to as "window shopping," it's a womens hobby.... What's even stranger then the idea of torturing ourselves with looking at stuff we can't buy? The fact that we do it with people too! I'm serious!

Y'all know what I'm talking about! Don't act like you don't! MEN. Yeppers. That's what this is all about, my bad habit with window-man-shopping, hopefully blogging about it will help more then just me. *wink*

So. Window shopping, or shopping without money, is going around looking at stuff you want, but you don't have any means to get it. The way it equates to relationships in my mind is with that phrase you hear in church a lot: "don't date unless you're ready to get married!" ... Which is true, I've learned the hard way that if you aren't ready for marriage, or don't understand marriage, or don't know what you want in a spouse etc., then dating is NOT a good idea. And yet, I'm stuck in this terrible phase of seeing practically every guy I meet as a potential relationship. (I do realize how desparate that makes me sound, sad eh?)

I have come to the conclusion that in order to break this phase, all I need to do is write myself a "shopping list" so that I stop "shopping without money" which will, hopefully, enable me to be more patient. I'm hoping that made sense....if not, the English interpretation is this: I'm going to keep a list of what I want in a guy and in a marriage in the back of my mind so that I know what to look for, and when things and people don't match up it is as easy as checking off the list... No more wondering! No more confusion!

A few things on my list are:
-Christ centered
-second to God, family is the priority
-the thing I want most in a guy is one who loves kids and will be a present, involved dad in his kid's lives as well as a good example to them.

...Those are pretty much the most important things, I could go on forever with little things, but I'm learning slowly to be less demanding. If those three things are met, I'll be a content woman.

I know this was a short, somewhat random, post. Hopefully it spurs some thoughts and helps some people in some way, but if not it at least helped me to get it "off my chest" so to speak. *laughs*

~till next time!~

No comments:

Post a Comment